Tonight is mothers night, this night we celebrate the ancestral mothers because lets face it without them our ancestral fathers wouldn’t have found their pants 😉
celebrating the ancestral mothers is different for each familie, so I suggest looking up your familie history or tree to see who your Desir are. I haven’t gotten very far up my tree so that is a project I really need to work on.
I have this amazing recipe to share with you guys its called honey-nut-saffron cakes, I made these yesterday and well they are all gone so they have to be good right.
What will you need for 10 people
- a small amount of saffron
- 125 grams of chopped hazelnuts or peanut butter
- 250 grams of soft butter
- 250 grams of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 5 eggs
- 190 grams of flour
- Pumpkin spice to taste (optional)
- Heat the oven at 160 degrees Celsius
- soak the saffron in 2 tablespoons of hot water (not boiling!)
- Roast the hazelnuts (unless you are using peanut butter then skip this step)
- Mix the butter with the sugar until you have a smooth mixture
- Add the nuts/peanut butter, the honey and the saffron with the water to the mix
- Stir in one egg and only add the next when the first is completely mixed in
- Add the flour and the pumpkin spice
- bake for 30 minutes on 160 °c
And behold delicious little cakes to eat, offer and share.
While the cakes were cooling we went for a walk in the woods and I saw a woodpecker for the very first time in my life. I tried to take a picture but its so blurry you cant see him on it, I was expecting a bigger bird you know 🙂
In light of recent events I will keep the mothers of Berlin in my prayers to Frigg tonight, I will ask Eir to stand by those fighting for their lives and ask Forsetti for swift judgement over the guilty party.